Call for a Special Issue on "Dose Finding and Related Topics in Drug Development"
The New England Journal of Statistics in Data Science (NEJSDS) invites submissions to a special issue of "Dose Finding and Related Topics in Drug Development ". This special issue focuses on topics about recent developments in statistical methods and novel applications or case studies in dose-finding and related topics in drug development.
Manuscripts for this special Issue should be submitted by June 1, 2024 via the journal online submission portal https://www.e-publications.org/ness/sbs/. Please state that your submissions are "For the Special Issue on Dose Finding and Related Topics" in the Box of Comments to the editors. The submissions will go through a regular review process. As the guest editors for this special issue, we will handle the peer review timely and carefully.
The tentative topics include (but not limited to):
- Adaptive and seamless designs for early phase oncology trials
- Basket and platform trial designs in dose-finding
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic approaches in dose-finding and dose-response studies
- Dose finding with delayed toxicity and efficacy outcomes
- Sample size and dose spacing determination for dose-response studies
- Novel statistical procedures in dose-response study designs
- Historical and external information in dose-finding
- New development of Emax or related models in analysis of dose-response
- Applications of machine learning methods in dose-finding
NEJSDS is proud to be a pioneer in the reform of the traditional peer review process by implementing a new hybrid journal review process. In this new review process, authors have the option to supply referee reports invited by the authors, as a supplement to the traditional review reports led by the editorial board. The decisions will take into consideration both review reports initiated by the authors and the reports initiated by the editorial board. If any authors choose to provide open reviews for their articles, please mention it in the cover letter and upload the review reports (including the information of reviewers' affiliations and email addresses) as supplementary materials when submitting the article.
If you have any questions or have a pre-submission inquiry, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your papers in due course.
- Tianjian Zhou, Colorado State University, email: email@example.com
- Yiming Zhang, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Li, Statistics and Data Corporation, email: email@example.com